Monday, December 13, 2010

The heart of my home...

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!
STAY TUNED FOR THE RENO  
COMING SOON
Today I am linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter , 'Pretty over the Kitchen Sink'
Leila writes the most amazing posts about keeping house, all things important in the home and also offers some great advice on raising children. Please allow yourself sometime to read her blog.
I have been waiting for the right moment to do a kitchen post and well I guess it just falls right into place now.

My kitchen is small but practical...... Oven on the left, sink in the middle, dishwasher to the right and fridge just an arms length behind me. It is by far my most favourite room in the house.  It is situated right Smack Bang in the middle of my house and adjoins our main living area.

My day starts and ends here....
  • Good Morning Kisses with my husband
  • Lunchboxes made and packed for my school children
  • Lunchbox and thermos made and packed for Hubby
  • Breakfast prepared for the little ones
  • Dishes Done
  • Coffee time...
  • Fruit time...
  • Lunchtime...
  • Bottle time...
  • Coffee time...
  • Dinner Meal preparation time...
  • Dishes Done...
  • Afternoon tea time...
  • Coffee time...
  • Babies dinner time...
  • Final Dinner Meal served...
  • Dishes Done
  • At least once a week I also Bake.... 
  • I also keep all my daily "To Do" list on the Fridge, my calender, my shopping list and all my school notes... 
  • This is  the place where my children come to talk to me, cook with me, spend time with me.
  • It is the last room I leave when I go out as I grab last minute food and water for the little ones, 
  • It's the first room I enter when I get home,  usually to put the kettle on ready for my next coffee...  


The Old Wood Stove... now my fruit bowl shelf and potato keeper
Centre stage, not the most practical item to be sitting in the middle of my living room but the favourite of my collection...


My Kitchen is a very busy but organised place.....

 I also love that this place is now home to my collection of old kitchen utensils and wares...I  wonder what the story is behind each and everyone of these pieces, what kind of kitchen did they originally came from...?

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty, neat, and tidy! Love all those vintage things you have!
    Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice kitchen! (And by the way, I love the chicken pictures on your sidebar. We recently moved and are chickenless for the moment... I did not realize how much I would miss them!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stove also - they really do bring something special into a home. I have just found an old vintage wooden ladder(after lots of searching!) which we are going to hang in the vicinity of our Stanley stove. In winter it will be a drying rack for clothes as I already have a pot hanger. Kitchens truly are the heart of a home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love windows over sinks? I like the hits of red in your kitchen, so cheery (my kitchen color too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I absolutely love your kitchen, I love the style as I too collect vintage kitchen items....although I don't have as many as you....I hope you don't mind, but I am pinching this idea for your utensils hanger....need to dig that old ladder out of the garden and see if it can be upcycled in the kitchen above the sink....I have always wanted one, but never found one I really like until now.....I especially love that the timber matches your other kitchen furniture.....
    Love your blog...keep up the good work.

    nellymary from justlikemynanmade.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Karen! I just discovered your blog and love it! Everything is so close to my heart. I am hooked. I love your Blog header with all the photos. How did you do that? Was it hard? I would love to do something like that to spruce up mine. Thank you and keep up the great posts!
    Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda from Down to Earth posted a link toyour blog from hers and I am so glad. I like the look of your blog already. I also love your old school sifter hanging in the kitchen. I look forward to reading through your archived posts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Kitchen it is a place to work and to gather as a family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to say Hi and leave a comment it’s nice to know who's visiting. Your comments, questions and answers are all an extension to my posts and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you for taking the time.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...