Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dried Fig Jam

Five times so far this month I have purchased  Fresh Strawberries in the hope of making up a nice big Yummy batch of Strawberry Jam,  an absolute favourite in this house.  Five times this month they have been eaten before I have even thought about reaching into the  cupboard for my preserving pan!
With no Jam left in the fridge, no strawberries left in the basket and me needing to fill a desire to preserve, I remembered the dried figs sitting at the back of the cupboard. So, Dried Fig Jam it is then!! 
Dried Fig Jam Recipe
Not the childrens favourite on hot buttered toast but It does go down quite nicely served as an after dinner treat with a slices of ripe Brie and  fresh Pear . . . 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    There is nothing nicer than fresh home made jam.. I have trouble with some of mine keeping though, don't know what I am doing wrong! Have you tried peach and pineapple jam? Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish, and a glass of red...and the time to actually sit down and enjoy it with my husband.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must give that recipe a go...looks to good not to

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made fig jam before - actually melted a whizzer in the process. Wasn't my favourite, a bit sweet. Maybe I needed less sugar, dried figs might have given a better result - that looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fig jam so I am keen to try dried fig. I will certainly be bookmarking this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh..this is such a great idea..i can't wait to make it..i love dried figs and i think the jam made with them instead of fresh figs might be better..sort of more fudgy and thick..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried fig jam, but this looks really yummy with the cheese and pears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosie, Do you Water bath your Jam, This should help seal out all the air and they will keep longer.
    Yes, definitely Suzanne, did I not mention the glass of Red!!
    Hazel, this Jam is really sweet, actually too sweet for toast, I should have mentioned that I actually cooked it for a tad longer than the recipe stated so it was nice and fudgy and rich...
    Happy Jam making everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, let alone the content!



    my website; http://www.pissingpussies.org

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today, please take a moment to say Hi and leave a comment it’s nice to know who's visiting. Your comments, questions and answers are all an extension to my posts and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you for taking the time.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...